Friday, October 1, 2010

Six Months in the City

It's official (on Monday)! The live-in and I have been in The City for six months! I've decided to commemorate this with, what else, a list! So without further ado or exclamation points I give you:

My Favorite things about Chicago

NO CAR
I hate driving. Paying for parking and gas would only increase said hatred. Public transportation is my dream car!! Only $86/month.

Lincoln Park
Since the arrival of Albus I have been spending even more time at the Park and along the Lakefront. It is the best way to start and end a day: the live-in, our neurotic puppy, and grass underfoot.

Summer
I can't believe it is over. My favorite day of the summer was the 4th of July. Heat, friends, food, drink, hula hoops. That's pretty much my motto.

Winter
Technically I haven't lived in Chicago during winter. But I have commuted during winter, so I know what's coming and I couldn't be more excited. What with the cold and the wind it is like being bitch slapped by God everyday. Cold and refreshing.

Architecture
Best architecture in the United States. My personal favorite is Buckingham fountain. I love the grandeur, it's so French.

Fion
Our neighborhood bar! You can't call somewhere home until they know you at your favorite watering hole. I have had three homes in my life: Naperville (Two Brothers), Eureka (The OP), and Chicago (Fion).

mmm...Food
Hot Doug's. Gaztro Wagon. Chilam Bilam. Smoke Daddy. Sugar Bliss. Flub a Dub Chubs. Green City Market. The Counter. Xoco. Wrigley Field Fries. The Red Rooster. La Creperie. Sunda. India House. E Leaven...It's no mystery I like to eat.

5 comments:

Meghan said...

This post makes me really happy! Happy that that I've eaten at Sunda, India House and E Leaven with you. Happy that I've hula hooped with you. And happy that we're friends!

Rosy said...

We are the Gastro Alliance! And THAT makes me happy!!

Anonymous said...

Every time we visit you guys, I wish we could stay. Sigh.

Abbi Flo said...

I need to come visit! It sounds so...lovely :)

Emily said...

I can't believe you left The Wiener Circle off your list of food and 4th of July activities! Wasn't it the highlight of the night?

PS We need to see that lady hula hoop when it is actually on fire!

Post a Comment