Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Dressed to feel my best.

A little behind my fellow bloggers (mystery Bisters and FabAb - sorry about that, I'm sick... as in "been home from work for two days" not "touched in the head"...), and BFFs I will now give my much anticipated answer to Real Simple's question of "what outfit makes you feel your best?" Devotees will remember that I recently gushed on a certain outfit christened "the weekend dress", but don't worry I won't take the easy way out and re-post. Nor will I write about the outfit that is currently, in my weakened state, making me feel my best: Joe's undershirt, cut off gap sweats, and a pair of Joe's socks.

Currently, my favorite outfit to wear out is a long black cotton dress that I bought from Target a few summers ago promptly after seeing a picture of Angelina Jolie wearing a similar one. At the time Target was the only place I could find one, now they are all over the place...God I'm soooo fashion forward. Anyway this dress is all the right kinds of comfortably and sexy. Nice flowy cotton with the necessity of a bra that hikes the ladies into their element. Paired with some nice dangling green stone earrings (also inspired my Miss Jolie) or my gold sequin head band (which is quickly becoming another adult safety blanket...) I just feel so damn elegant...but casually so, like a princess flipping the bird off her sailboat to no one in particular as she mans the helm. Ahhhhhhh...maybe I am touched in the head.

2 comments:

Abbi Flo said...

I don't know that dress...this is a problem! But I do loooove those earrings :)

Anonymous said...

I love the phrase "hikes the ladies into their element." For one naive and childish moment, it brought back memories of the trails of Turkey Run with Kate and Mabel.

Post a Comment