Thursday, July 29, 2010

Cardigans, Bangs, and 'The Weekend Dress'

These are a few of my adult safety blankets.

Cardigans
Cardigans are the cross eyed shelter puppies of my shopping experience. I just can't say no. Their buttons twinkling, giving me snugly arms, and there is something in the way they slouch on their hangers that I know we will love each other forever and ever. And we do, we do because any time I feel a little meh about going out or, indeed, going to work I pull on a trusty cardigan and remember it will be ok.

Bangs
The first thing I do in the morning is brush my hair. I then look in the mirror to determine what kind of day I'm going to have. If my bangs are winged out 8 ways to Sunday, it's pretty much going to be like every other day. BUT - if they are lying straight, smooth and are cradling my forehead like it's a precious babe, well then, THEN I'm going to have an awesome day.

'The Weekend Dress'
You know what gets me pumped up about a weekend? 48 hours of free time? NUUHH-OOOOO!! No, no, no. It's wearing The Weekend Dress! The Weekend Dress is gray cotton skinny strap dress from J.Crew and is so comfortable I want to wear it everyday. And I totally did when I first got it, but have now decided to designate it to a weekend uniform. The Weekend Dress shops with me, cooks and cleans with me, naps with me, and occasionally takes me out for a drink afterward. Incidentally, The Weekend Dress goes great with cardigans.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

My Weekend Too-Short Tank Top With The Brown, Orange, and Turquoise Stripes salutes you and your Weekend Dress and in so doing, exposes my lower back and unfashionable undies to public ridicule.

Abbi Flo said...

Hahaha, what is most humorous of all is...your weekend dress is gray...kind of like my weekend sweat pants gifted to us during a visit to Panama City...

Post a Comment